Who Am I?

My photo
Virginia
Crazy Lover of JESUS! He's my #1 boo!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Story Behind The Name

"Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved?"
Song of Solomon 8:5

Throughout the Song of Solomon we see a beautiful story that tells of the love and courtship between Solomon and a country girl. As Solomon courts his lover we begin to see a transformation take place within her. While she is just a country girl in the beginning of this love story, as she grows and matures she becomes the Shulamite which is the feminine form of Solomon.

This is the relationship between me and my beloved, Jesus. Each day spent with my beloved I am transformed into his bride. In order to be God's bride we must utterly depend on him. Those that are strong in themselves are disqualified. We must learn to be those who lean on the beloved. When we lean on the Lord, we overcome the wilderness (the world).

This is why I have chosen "Leaning On My Beloved" as the title for this blog. As I share my experience of who God is to me on my day by day journey towards becoming the bride, it is my prayer and desire that you would join me in being those loving seekers of the Lord who learn to become weak in themselves in order to become strong in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment